vConstruct is seeking a VDC Engineer for BIM Content Management preferably with at least 2 years of Revit Content management experience. The VDC Engineer would Create Revit Families and details per established company standards also be responsible for Maintaining a Revit family library and Detail Library for vConstruct and DPR.
- The candidate should have at least 2 years of experience in managing Revit families and Revit Details for a firm.
- The candidate should have hands on Experience in creating efficient parametric families for Revit Structure, Revit Architectural and Revit MEP and should have experience in Creating Revit Details using native Revit detail Components.
- The candidate must have strong communication skills to be able to coordinate with Workgroup leads, corporate BIM Data Strategists and Leadership Team.
- The Candidate should be able to Train individuals and build a Content management team to fill in Future Resource needs.
- The candidate must be self-motivated to manage, coordinate and facilitate multiple initiatives.
Principal Responsibilities Include:
- Ensure Company BIM Content Standards are met for content that will be created and Existing content is curated per Company BIM Content Standards.
o Create and Manage Revit model components, ensuring families are functional per workgroups requirement, they are built efficiently to ensure required flex capabilities.
o Ensure Families adhere to corporate data strategies, Knowledge of Uniformat, Omni class and Master format is an added benefit.
o Maintain and update Annotations in a Template File based on Workgroup requirement.
o Manage Details Library for Field Use by building Native Revit detail components.
- Establish an effective feedback loop for Standard Content at Company Level and Develop insightful KPI’s to measure utilization across workgroups and Projects and report out to vConstruct VDC Leadership on Monthly basis.
- Keep an Open line of communication between Workgroup leads, Corporate BIM Data Strategist to incorporate these standards into workflows and align Workgroup level initiatives with corporate initiatives.
- Manage New requests for Content Creation and Content Improvement through a Content management tool. Managing Content on Content Management Tool for user consumption, having experience in managing Content on Hive or UNIFI or Similar BIM Content Management Tool would be an added advantage.
- Flexibility to meet and communicate with project teams based in the USA during evening hours (7:30 pm – 11:30 pm IST) on an as-needed basis.
Skills and Qualifications:
We are looking for a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines. The successful candidate will possess:
• Bachelor’s degree or Higher in one of the following streams Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Architecture, or closely related field.
• Proficiency with BIM Authoring tools
o 3+ years of experience in Autodesk Revit.
o 2+ years of experience in Revit content Management
o Knowledge of Dynamo or Revit API is good to have.
• Knowledge of construction processes in a project Lifecycle.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Excellent listening skills and have strong communication skills.
• Ability to identify and resolve complex issues.
• Effective participation in a team environment.