vConstruct, a Pune based international engineering and construction services firm seeks a Data Science Lead for their Data Science and Analytics team which is a tight-knit group of analysts and engineers that support all data aspects of DPR business.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Use machine learning, data mining and statistical techniques to create new, scalable solutions for business problems
- Analyze and extract relevant information from large amounts of historical business data to help automate and optimize key processes
- Design, develop and evaluate highly innovative models for predictive learning
- Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses model development, model validation and model implementation
- Work with a variety of data sources - extracting knowledge and actionable information from massive datasets
- Develop and operate modern data architecture approaches to meet key business objectives and provide end-to-end data solutions
- Create data models and speak to the tradeoffs of different modeling approaches
- Perform extensive data validation/quality assurance analysis within large datasets
- Build proactive data validation automation to catch data integrity issues
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency, and other key business performance metrics
- Ability to organize and lead meetings with business and operational data owners
- Coordinate and communicate between business users and the data warehouse organization to solve business problems
- Strong ability to troubleshoot and resolve data issues
- Ability to build tabular and/or visualization reports as needed
- Work independently and with team members to understand database structure and business processes
- Work within an Agile methodology to design, develop, test, and implement analytics and reporting features and functions
- Create queries to provide ad hoc reports, analysis, and datasets based on business needs.
- Takes the initiative to work with other cross functional teams to solve business problems.
Skills and Qualifications
- 6 to 9 years of relevant experience in one of the following areas: Data Science, Machine Learning, Business intelligence or Business analytics
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in Supervised and Unsupervised Machine Learning including Classification, Forecasting, Anomaly detection, Pattern detection, Text Mining, using variety of techniques such as Decision trees, Time Series Analysis, Bagging and Boosting algorithms, Neural Networks, Deep Learning
- 5+ years of industry work experience in R or Python to implement statistical models, machine learning, and analysis (Recommenders, Prediction, Classification, Clustering, etc.)
- Strong experience with Deep Learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, Theano and others
- Experience in building full stack data science models with various Azure technologies.
- Working knowledge of Azure/AWS or any other cloud platform
- Extensive experience in Data warehouse such as Teradata/Oracle/Snowflake/Amazon Redshift.
- Good programming skills in R/ Python/ Scala/ Java
- Proficiency with statistical analysis tools (e.g., SAS, SPSS, R) and Hands on experience in Statistical Techniques such as Decision Tree, Segmentation, Logistic and Multiple Regression, and others.
- Work on technologies related to NoSQL, SQL and In Memory platform(s)
- End to end experience in designing and deploying reports/dashboards/data visualizations using Power BI, Looker, SSRS, etc.
- Optimize Microsoft Power BI dashboards with a focus on usability, performance, flexibility, testability, and standardization.
- Experience in RPA will be added advantage
- Experience working with US or overseas clients will be preferred.
- Experience in R or Python to implement statistical models, machine learning, and analysis (Recommenders, Prediction, Classification, Clustering, etc.)
- Good programming skills in Python/ R/ Scala/ Java
- Experience with common data science toolkits such as R, NumPy, MatLab, Pandas, Scikit-learn, TensorFlow, Keras etc.
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, artificial neural networks
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases like SQL Server, Oracle, Snowflake
- Reporting & Visualization Tools like Power BI, Looker, SSRS
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Strong communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills required to interact with colleagues and internal customers.
- Excellent at troubleshooting issues
- Ability to develop productive business relationships with internal team members through cooperation, courtesy and professionalism
- Ability to play an integral part in project delivery given tight constraints and uncompromising quality
- Motivated to identify and develop solutions leveraging best practices
- Capable of explaining complex technical issues to clients and internal resources
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science/Information technology or related field.
Equivalent academic and work experience can be considered.
vConstruct is a wholly owned subsidiary of DPR Construction and specializes in providing high quality Building Information Modeling and Construction Technology services geared towards construction projects. vConstruct presently constitutes of five business units: 1. Virtual designing and construction 2. Project Admin Services 3. Software Development 4. Accounting Services for Projects and 5. Data Science and Analytics
Core Values of vConstruct are:
- Integrity is Integral
- People are Pivotal
- Ever Forward Spirit
About DPR Construction:
DPR Construction is a national commercial general contractor and construction manager specializing in technically challenging and sustainable projects for the advanced technology, biopharmaceutical, corporate office, and higher education and healthcare markets. With the purpose of building great things—great teams, great buildings, great relationships—DPR is a truly great company. For more information, please visit www.dpr.com.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying