vConstruct, a Pune based international construction technology company is seeking CSA Estimating Engineers that have the ability or experience to review design information (drawings, specification, and BIM) and be able to quantify Civil, Structural and Architectural Interiors, and Architectural Envelope for the purposes of cost estimation, bid management, production tracking etc. An understanding and experience of building construction around Civil, Structural, and Architectural is must and experience around projects like hospitals, commercial office buildings, hospitality, data centers, biopharmaceutical plants, life sciences, manufacturing and higher education buildings would be preferred. The individual will be joining our Costing cluster as Project Engineer.
• Develop high-quality, accurate quantity estimates as per CSI Uniformat, Master format coding leveraging drawings, specifications, and models.
• Develop quantity takeoffs for various trade packages like Civil Hardscape, landscape, structural, Architectural Interiors, Exterior skin, Roofing, etc.
• Study project drawings, details, RFIs, models and other documents. Identify any discrepancies or missing information.
• Leverage the 3D Models into Processes - able to use the 3D Models and take insights from the Model to better execute the 2D Processes of Quantification as well as do the quantification directly from the Models.
• Develop 3D models from 2D design drawings to augment the quantity takeoff process.
• Understand building systems in detail & can rectify Missing Details at conceptual level drawings.
• Understand and prepare the cost estimates out of the Quantity Estimates.
• Identify changes between two different versions of design and report out the changes to the estimates in a comprehensible manner.
• Collaborate and effectively communicate with the estimators onsite (in USA or other geographies and align on the desired outcome of the request
• Strong communication skills and be able to communicate with Project team based overseas in the form of mails and meetings. Able to understand the requirements and clearing the issues for the respective deliverables.
• Understanding any new scope of work, process or platform and developing the workflow and execution plan. Further followed by documenting the processes and training the team members.
• Develop and maintain good working relationships with the Onsite teams, customers, and the team at vConstruct.
• Learn and work on other construction estimating scopes along with the core CSA scopes.
Requirements and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Quantity Surveying, Architecture, Civil, Electrical, Mechanical Engineering, and Construction Engineering or Management is preferred. Related field can also apply.
• Familiarity with the US, Europe and Indian Construction Documents and Terminologies.
• 2 years of working experience in building construction is must. Quantification experience around CSA or MEP would be preferred.
• Understanding of quantification software’s like Revit, Assemble, CostX, OST, Planswift is desired.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Excel or any other estimating software’s would be great.
• A strong work ethic and a “can-do” attitude with an ability to learn quickly and independently with minimal supervision.
• Effective participation in team environment with a strong listening and communication skills
• Have an ability to identify and resolve issues.
Building Better, Smarter, Faster is in our DNA
We are a team of 480+ enthusiastic construction engineering and technology experts who are passionate about increasing the predictability of building better products by applying smarter processes while striving for faster delivery. We provide services and solutions to the Construction Industry in Virtual Design and Construction (VDC), Project Controls Management, Accounting, Software Development, Data Science and Analytics. On any given day, we make an impact on 100+ construction projects across the globe through our services and solutions. We are a subsidiary of DPR Construction, a USA based technical builder that specializes in highly complex projects in Healthcare, Life Sciences, Advance Technology, Higher Education and Commercial buildings.
Core Values of vConstruct are:
• Integrity is Integral
• People are Pivotal.
• Ever forward Spirit