vConstruct is seeking a VDC Engineer - Civil ( Site Utilities) with at least 2 years (for Engineers) or 5 years (for
Diploma holders) of commercial construction experience.
A Site Civil Detailer creates Building Information Models (BIMs), i.e., 3D digital models for
commercial construction projects using Virtual Design and Construction (VDC) tools and methods.
Principal Responsibilities Include:
1. Expert in reading Site Civil and landscape design drawings.
2. Develop detailed models based upon Civil drawings for Site utilities like – Storm system,
Water system, etc. and Site grading like – roads, curbs, sidewalks, etc.
3. Ability to perform various Quality Checks on the Models to validate models for aspects like:
4. Perform Model based coordination amongst different building systems using tools like
Clash Detection in Navisworks. Run BIM enabled coordination meetings between different
trades (Site utilities, Structure, and Site elements). Produce clash detection reports to notify
the coordination team.
5. Provide suggestive solutions to issues related to Site Infrastructure problems and conflicts
through timely and accurate interpretation of contract documents.
6. Ability to compare 2D and 3D data between different drawing/file versions to identify
and track changes periodically.
7. Ability to take progress reports (e.g., Daily Progress Reports) and feed the information in
the model to visualize progress in 3D and to validate quantity completeness and billing
8. Prepare coordinated dimensioned Shop Drawing for layout and pre-fabrication use
leveraging 3D models of Civil systems for use by customer’s Site crew.
9. Assists in the review and processing of CIVIL shop drawings and other submittals.
10. Ability to export points from models for it to be used for field layout purposes.
11. Maintaining current and accurate drawings while tracking and updating construction
changes to ensure that accurate “as built” documents are being provided by our
subcontractors to the project owner.
12. Ability to perform standard document control practices like maintaining record set of
drawings (good for construction drawings).
13. Ability to interpret as-built information received from Site Surveyor and compare it
with BIM Models, to verify alignment and Quality Checks on construction put in place.
Skills and Qualifications:
We are looking for a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks,
produce quality work, and consistently meet the expected deadlines. A candidate should possess:
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Civil Engineering, Mechanical, Architecture, Construction
Management, or closely related field. (or) Diploma in Civil Engineering with 5 years of experience or higher, of which minimum 2
years should be on-site.
• At least 2 years of experience in AutoCAD Civil 3D Modeling.
• Advanced understanding of Civil construction documents with basic understanding of
architectural and structural construction documents.
• Proficiency with BIM Authoring and Analysis tools
• Knowledge of construction management issues
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Excellent listening skills and strong communication skills.
• Ability to identify and resolve complex issues.
• Effective participation in team environment
• A strong work ethic and a “can-do” attitude.
vConstruct specializes in providing high quality Building Information Modeling and Construction
Technology support geared towards construction projects. vConstruct is a wholly owned
subsidiary of DPR Construction.
For more information, please visit www.vconstruct.in
About DPR Construction:
DPR Construction is a national commercial general contractor and construction manager
specializing in technically challenging and sustainable projects for the advanced technology,
biopharmaceutical, corporate office, and higher education and healthcare markets. With the
purpose of building great things—great teams, great buildings, great relationships—
For more information, please visit www.dpr.com