vConstruct is seeking a structural engineering professional to lead Concrete and Structural Modeling projects for cast-in-place and precast projects. Concrete and Structural Modeling team uses VDC to develop detailed concrete and rebar models of complex commercial construction projects. We develop highly detailed construction models for concrete and rebar that are used in the projects for layout, installation and prefabrication.
Successful candidates in this role will work closely with Project Managers of Concrete and Structural Modeling in VDC department to scale up current operations. They will apply knowledge of RCC structural systems, 3D modeling and use of BIM / VDC to create models and drawings with an intent to improve productivity in field. Additionally, successful candidates will guide the team with engineering and technical know-how, construction knowledge and Tekla software implementation.
Technical Team Lead is accountable to deliver high quality deliverables and outputs on schedule, manage overall health and profitability of project and take day-to-day decisions relating to project team management. Indicative responsibilities include:
1. Project set up, including model set up in Tekla.
2. Carefully study project documents - drawings, details, RFIs and addendums. Identify missing information, discrepancies and constructability issues. Establish clear project scope.
3. Manage modelling process to deliver high quality, accurate 3D models for concrete and rebar using Tekla software and applying knowledge of RCC systems, constructability and previous experience.
4. Participate in trade coordination meetings to identify and incorporate changes in model.
5. Manage drawing and BIM-to Field deliverable production and quality.
6. Ensure that team is applying best practice technical and software workflows.
7. Check the quality of work for accuracy before submissions to client teams. Meet quality metrics established for project.
8. Manage cost, schedule and resource planning in multiple, simultaneous projects
9. Manage client communication. Most client meetings will happen between 5 PM and 10 PM IST.
10. Manage project progress through systematic documentation, issues log, meeting minutes and project reports.
Other non- project responsibilities include,
11. Training and coaching other team members, doing technical training of new hires.
12. Document best practice workflows, checklists and templates.
13. Improvise workflows by applying new features in tools, automation.
Desired Qualifications and Qualities:
We are looking for a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines.
The successful candidate will possess:
• Passion for construction processes, BIM, BIM softwares and construction technology.
• A strong work ethic and a “can-do” attitude.
• At least 5 years of hands-on experience in working in Tekla Structures or other 3D modeling tools for modeling and drawing generation. The candidate should have hands-on experience in working with drawing template settings and Custom components.
• Experience of leading and managing team activities like resource planning, training and other day-to-day people functions for at least 2 years with a team of over 5 people. Prior experience in coaching and mentoring team members is highly desirable.
• Strong communication skills. Experience with client relation management a plus.
• Knowledge of rebar process including design, procurement, fabrication and installation using BIM / VDC processes for Cast in place and precast structures.
• Working knowledge of structural codes and construction methods in India and U.S.A.
Building Better, Smarter, Faster is in our DNA
We are a team of 350+ enthusiastic construction engineering and technology experts who are passionate about increasing the predictability of building better products by applying smarter processes while striving for faster delivery. We provide services and solutions to the Construction Industry in Virtual Design and Construction (VDC), Project Controls Management, Accounting, Software Development, Data Science and Analytics. On any given day, we make an impact on 100+ construction projects across the globe through our services and solutions.
We are a subsidiary of DPR Construction, a USA based technical builder that specializes in highly complex projects in Healthcare, Life Sciences, Advance Technology, Higher Education and Commercial buildings.