Intern - e-Learning Graphic Designer
We are looking for an Intern Graphic Designer to join the Learning and Development (L&D) team at vConstruct, who is a self-starter with a passion for building high-quality digital assets and collaterals for e-Learning. This position is a great learning opportunity for someone who is starting off as a graphic designer in e-Learning.
Applicants who are fresh graduates and/or have an experience of 0-3 months working with creative teams and designing with other professionals will be given prime consideration. Someone who will be able to take direction from written or spoken ideas and convert them seamlessly into images, layouts, infographics, and other designs is expected to be an ideal fit.
Internship Duration: 6 months or longer
All activities will be performed under the supervision of vConstruct L&D team Lead.
- Create and develop engaging creatives, illustrations, and infographics primarily for digital e-Learning collateral to best fit the learning design
- Work on photo editing, video editing
- Study the course storyboard and get clarifications from the Instructional Designer by making notes, asking relevant questions to clarify assumptions, and produce graphic design mockups, and other elements not limited to buttons, themes, style guides, templates, infographic, etc. supporting the learning intent
- Learn to use rapid e-Learning development tools like Articulate 360 Suite (Storyline, Rise, etc.) to creatively apply compelling graphic design assets developed with the intent of learning on other tools like Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
- Create a library of graphical design assets and templates for Storyline/ RISE suited for specific content types while ensuring the objectives of the course are met
- Study the graphic design approach of existing e-Learning courses and those under development to recommend trending innovative graphic design solution
Ideal Intern Profile:
- Excellent command over the English Language is a must (both verbal and e-mail communication)
- Good knowledge of graphic design principles, standards, and concepts
- Good grasp and proficiency of design and photo editing software such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, After effects, etc.
- Fundamental understanding of photo and video editing
- Creative flair for infographics (illustrations)
- Must keep updated with the latest trends in graphic design with a keen eye to understand the difference between designing for learning and other purposes
- Must be inquisitive and willing to research new/varied graphic design tools and be able to propose innovative solutions for e-Learning content
- Willingness to learn and refine their own style of working and designing
- Must be self-motivated and inclined to self-learn and quickly on-board to be part of e-Learning projects
- Should have a basic understanding about accessibility guidelines (WCAG 2.0) and 508 Compliance when developing graphic design solutions for e-Learning purpose
- Should have good working knowledge of computers, especially MS Office software (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Must have an interest in pursuing a career as a graphic designer for e-Learning/training industry
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Problem solving mindset and a creative approach to graphic design development
- Can work independently as well as in teams
- Must be able to plan own work, adhere to committed project schedules and keep track of work
- Professional approach to time, costs, and deadlines
- Must follow standards and discipline in maintaining file/folder naming convention, folder structure, and document management
- Must be able to maintain timely communication through Microsoft teams with team members
- Clear communication regarding asks and considerations when handing over production files for review
- Exposure to e-Learning industry’s graphic design requirements
- Basic understanding and knowledge of rapid development tools such as Articulate Storyline, Adobe Captivate, etc.
- Candidates in the field of visual communication and/or multimedia, with an interest in digital learning
Only those candidates can apply who:
- Can prove registration at a school/ university
- Are available for the internship
- Are available for a duration of 6 months (minimum)
- Have relevant skills and interests
By the end of this internship, the chosen candidate will be able to:
- support graphic design development for online courses on construction technology industry training by drafting and implementing a graphic design plan based on the Instructional design document.
- convert training content into visual representation to ease learning.
- create alternative content templates/ formats according to accessibility guidelines (WCAG 2.0) and 508 Compliance.
- assess existing e-Learning courses developed on rapid authoring tools to identify and suggest graphic design enhancements
About the company:
vConstruct Private Limited:
vConstruct specializes in providing high quality Building Information Modeling and Construction Technology services geared towards construction projects. vConstruct is a wholly owned subsidiary of DPR Construction. For more information, please visit www.vconstruct.in.
DPR Construction is a US commercial general contractor and construction manager specializing in technically challenging and sustainable projects for the advanced technology, biopharmaceutical, corporate office, and higher education and healthcare markets. With the purpose of building great things—great teams, great buildings, great relationships—DPR is a truly great company. For more information, please visit www.dpr.com.