Service Desk Specialist
The service desk specialist responsible for providing technical support and assistance to internal and external end- users including simple to complex hardware and software problems; as well as installation and support of new and existing software. The service desk specialist must have excellent troubleshooting abilities and be able to make independent decisions related to software, hardware, or other entry to mid-level IT issues. The ability to work off-hours on a rotating basis is required.
- Provide in-person, remote phone, IM, and e-mail technical support to end-users for hardware and software problems.
- Document calls and work requests using a ticketing system, keeping detailed up-to-date status updates.
- Complete assigned tickets within published service level agreements.
- Responsible for setup, maintenance, and deployment of computer hardware and software, which may require working outside of normal business hours.
- Assist in root cause analysis of recurring issues.
- Troubleshoot mobile device and laptop issues.
- Train computer users to avoid recurring incidents.
- Research technical issues and maintain the solutions database up to date.
- Keep the service desk manager up to date on trending issues and activity.
- Flexible to work with rotational shifts
- Prepare Knowledgebase for repetitive issues and newly onboarded work applications if required.
- Takes the initiative to work with other cross functional IT team members to improve the quality of service.
- Create a positive support experience and build strong relationships through deep problem understanding, ensuring timely resolution or escalation, communicating promptly on progress, and handling customers with a consummately professional attitude Flexibility to travel and work after hours or weekends, if needed.Position Requirements
- Strong knowledge of office 365
- Able to support video conferencing and scheduling hardware/software
- Strong knowledge of IT Service Management practices and principles.
- Solid knowledge of Windows 10 and Windows Server
- Strong knowledge of mobile devices, application and desktop support
- Solid Knowledge of cloud applications.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision
- Demonstrates excellent time management skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrates strong organizational skill and attention to detail.
- Strong understanding of business processes.
- Able to troubleshoot iOS and Android mobile devices.
- Basic understanding of networking troubleshooting
- Excellent communicator, high-energy, positive attitude, and an aptitude for professional growth
- Must be able to provide exceptional client service.
- Must possess excellent communication skills (written and oral) -- in person and on the phone, including effective listening and interviewing skills.
- Ability to react quickly and efficiently to high pressure situations.
- Expert in troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
- Team player, accepts & seeks feedback.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers
- Ability to effectively manage multiple conflicting priorities and deadlines
- Flexibility to work in shifts, after hours or weekends, if needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- ITIL and Microsoft Certifications would be an added advantage, but any IT certifications recognized globally is a must.
- 3-5 years of Service Desk experience or IT support experience.
- Experience using a ticketing system such as Samanage, Service-Now, or Remedy.
- AEC industry experience a plus
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying