vConstruct is seeking an VDC Engineer for MEP with at least 2 years (for Engineers) or 5 years (for Diploma holders) of commercial construction experience.
The MEP Modeler creates Building Information Models (BIMs), i.e., 3D/4D/5D computer models / simulations for commercial construction projects using Virtual Construction and Design (VDC) tools and methods.
Principal Responsibilities Include:
1. Develop detailed models based upon libraries of parametric or solid objects which may include building systems like mechanical, electrical and plumbing, fire protection systems.
2. Expert in reading mechanical, plumbing and electrical design drawings, single line diagrams, riser diagrams etc.
3. Perform Model based coordination amongst different building systems using tools like Navisworks Clash Detection, etc. Run BIM enabled coordination meetings between different trades (MEPF, Skin, Structures, Interiors, and Site). Produce clash detection reports to notify the coordination team.
4. Model support structures for MEP systems.
5. Research and develop solutions to MEP problems and conflicts through timely and accurate interpretation of contract documents.
6. Produce dimensioned drawings for layout and pre-fabrication from the models.
7. Prepare coordinated Shop Drawing oriented 3D models of MEP services for use by DPR crews or subcontractors.
8. Assists in the review and processing of MEP shop drawings and other submittals.
9. Coordinate MEP drawings to ensure all systems work within space constraints and code and keep current and accurate drawings and construction changes to ensure that accurate “as built” documents are provided by our company and our subcontractors to our clients.
10. Ability to perform various Quality Checks on the Models to validate models for things like:
o Model completeness
o Alignment on the basis of design model and design documents
o Model sanity: no duplication of data, no errors and omissions, continuity of systems between the different points of connection.
11. Ability to compare 2D and 3D data between the different versions to identify what has changed over a period of time between the files.
12. Ability to take progress reports (e.g. Daily Progress Reports) and feed the information in the
model to visualize progress in 3D and to validate quantity completeness and billing information.
13. Ability to perform standard document control practices like maintaining record set of drawings (good for construction drawings).
14. Ability to capture as-built information from equipment like Total Station and compare it with BIM to verify alignment and Quality Checks on construction put in place.
15. Ability to export points from models for it to be used for field layout purposes.
Skills and Qualifications:
We are looking for a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines. The successful candidate will possess:
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Civil Engineering, Mechanical, Architecture, Construction Management or closely related field. (or) Diploma in MEP design with 5 years of experience or higher, of which minimum 2 years should be on-site.
• At least 2 years of experience in 3D MEP Modeling.
• Advanced understanding of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, architectural, structural and civil construction documents
• Proficiency with BIM Authoring and Analysis tools
o 2+ year experience in Revit Suite of products (Revit Architecture, Revit Structure, Revit MEP)
o 2+ year experience in Navisworks
o 2+ year experience in 3D AutoCAD based products (AutoCAD architecture, AutoCAD MEP)
o Knowledge of using Dynamo plugin in Revit for solving repetitive problems and more is preferable.
o Knowledge of Autodesk Fabrication CAD Mep is preferable.
• Knowledge of construction management issues
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Excellent listening skills and have strong communication skills.
• Ability to identify and resolve complex issues.
• Effective participation in team environment
• A strong work ethic and a “can-do” attitude.
vConstruct specializes in providing high quality Building Information Modeling and Construction Technology services geared towards construction projects. vConstruct is a wholly owned subsidiary of DPR Construction. For more information, please visitwww.vconstruct.in
About DPR Construction:
DPR Construction is a national commercial general contractor and construction manager specializing in technically challenging and sustainable projects for the advanced technology, biopharmaceutical, corporate office, and higher education and healthcare markets. With the purpose of building great things—great teams, great buildings, great relationships—DPR is a truly great company. For more information, please visit www.dpr.com.