vConstruct is seeking a Tekla Modeler preferably with at least 2 years of commercial construction experience. The Tekla Modeler creates Building Information Models (BIMs), i.e., Concrete, Rebar and Steel detailed 3D computer models, and prepares high-quality shop drawings for field layout use from Tekla structures.
- The candidate should have experience in Cast in place concrete, Steel, and Reinforcement detailing in Tekla Structures.
- The candidate should have hands-on experience in working with drawing template settings and Custom components.
- Candidates who have basic knowledge in the AutoCAD and Revit software will be added advantage.
- The candidate must be self-motivated to manage, coordinate and facilitate multiple initiatives in a play hard work hard environment.
Principal Responsibilities Include:
1. Ability to read the design drawings and generate a 3D model in Tekla for creation of Shop Drawings purposes
a. Understanding the details from the design drawings and able to create GFC/layout Drawings out of it.
b. Develop Concrete and Steel 3D models to illustrate contractor questions and possible solutions.
c. Ability to quality checks the 3D model against design drawings for its accuracy, correctness, completeness, alignment, duplication, omissions, and log issues in case of discrepancies.
d. Ability to compare 2D and 3D data between the different versions to identify what has changed over sometime between the files.
e. Understanding of Rebar drawings and details for USA commercial projects.
f. Develop Rebar and Formwork 3D models for fabrication.
g. Ability to create concrete and rebar quantity takeoff reports.
2. Produce dimensioned drawings for layout and pre-fabrication from the Tekla models:
a. Should be familiar with the project set up and setting up sheets in Tekla and printing pdf documents for field use.
b. Ability to create template settings per project requirement which includes Title block, schedules, Rebar Quantity takeoff Reports, GA, and Cast unit shop drawings.
c. Able to create shop drawings which include floor plans, sections, elevations, reflected ceiling plan, foundation plans, details, isometric view, etc. along with schedules, quantities from a 3D model.
d. Have a good understanding of working with layers, line weights, annotations, tags, dimensions, scale, etc. in Tekla Structures.
3. Ability to manage/lead Tekla projects:
a. Ability to estimate the quantum of effort needed shop drawings based on the 3D models and other documents provided.
b. Ability to perform various Quality Checks to validate models for things like:
i. Model completeness
ii. Alignment with the basis of design and design documents
iii. Model sanity: no duplication of data, no errors, and omissions, continuity of systems between the different points of connection.
c. Ability to perform Quality Checks for created shop drawings for
i. Annotations: Dimension styles, part marks, keynote.
ii. Line Style: Line type/color/weight.
iii. Sheet/View Template: Legends, title block, project information.
iv. Content against model: missing information, duplication, overlaps.
4. Flexibility to meet and communicate with project teams based in the USA during evening hours (7:30 pm – 11:30 pm IST) on an as-needed basis.
Skills and Qualifications:
We are looking for a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines. The successful candidate will possess:
• Diploma or higher degree in Civil Engineering, Architecture, or closely related field.
• At least 1 year of hands-on experience in creating shop drawings in Tekla structures.
• Basic understanding of Architectural, Structural and Civil construction documents. Basic understanding of Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, is a plus.
• Proficiency with BIM Authoring tools
o 2+ year experience in Tekla structures
o 1+ year experience in AutoCAD
o Knowledge of Revit is good to have.
• Knowledge of construction management issues.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Excellent listening skills and have strong communication skills.
• Ability to identify and resolve complex issues.
• Effective participation in a team environment.
• A strong work ethic and a “can-do” attitude.
vConstruct specializes in providing high quality Building Information Modeling and Construction Technology services geared towards construction projects. vConstruct is a wholly owned subsidiary of DPR Construction. For more information, please visitwww.vconstruct.in
About DPR Construction:
DPR Construction is a national commercial general contractor and construction manager specializing in technically challenging and sustainable projects for the advanced technology, biopharmaceutical, corporate office, and higher education and healthcare markets. With the purpose of building great things—great teams, great buildings, great relationships—DPR is a truly great company. For more information, please visit www.dpr.com.