vConstruct is seeking a structural engineering professional to lead Structural Steel Modeling projects. A part of Concrete and Structural Modeling team, the structural detailing team uses VDC to develop detailed steel models of complex commercial construction projects. We develop highly detailed construction models for steel systems that are used in the projects for layout, erection and fabrication.
Successful candidates in this role will work closely with Project Managers of Concrete and Structural Modeling in VDC department to scale up current operations. They will apply knowledge of RCC structural systems, 3D modeling and use of BIM / VDC to create models and drawings with an intent to improve productivity in field. Additionally, successful candidates will guide the team with engineering and technical know-how, construction knowledge and Tekla software implementation.
Technical Team Lead is accountable to deliver high quality deliverables and outputs on schedule, manage overall health and profitability of project and take day-to-day decisions relating to project team management. Indicative responsibilities include:
Desired Qualifications and Qualities:
We are looking for a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines.
The successful candidate will possess:
• Passion for construction processes, BIM, BIM softwares and construction technology.
• A strong work ethic and a “can-do” attitude.
• Over 5 years of hands-on experience in working in Tekla Structures or other 3D modeling tools for modeling and drawing generation.
• Experience of leading and managing team activities like resource planning, training and other day-to-day people functions for 2 years with a team of over 5 people. Prior experience in coaching and mentoring team members is highly desirable.
• Strong communication skills. Experience with client relation management a plus.
• Knowledge of structural steel system, including design, procurement, fabrication and installation using BIM / VDC processes. The candidate should have hands-on experience in working with drawing template settings and custom components.
• Familiar with structural codes and construction methods in India and U.S.A.
Building Better, Smarter, Faster is in our DNA
We are a team of 350+ enthusiastic construction engineering and technology experts who are passionate about increasing the predictability of building better products by applying smarter processes while striving for faster delivery. We provide services and solutions to the Construction Industry in Virtual Design and Construction (VDC), Project Controls Management, Accounting, Software Development, Data Science and Analytics. On any given day, we make an impact on 100+ construction projects across the globe through our services and solutions.
We are a subsidiary of DPR Construction, A USA based technical builder that specializes in highly complex projects in Healthcare, Life Sciences, Advance Technology, Higher Education and Commercial buildings.