vConstruct, a Pune based international engineering and construction services firm seeks a Construction Engineer for their construction site team based out of Nagpur which is a tight-knit group of engineers that support all site aspects of vConstruct business.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Carefully study project documents - drawings, details, RFIs and addendums for accuracy of calculations. Identify missing information, discrepancies, and constructability issues.
- Assisting with cost tracking & financial reporting
- Drawing up work schedules and communicating any adjustments to sub-contractors and clients.
- Planning and coordinating onsite construction activities
- Day-to-day management of the site, including supervising and monitoring the site labor force and the work of any subcontractors.
- Keeping inventory logs
- Gathering data, compiling reports, and delivering presentations to relevant stakeholders.
- Build relationships with Client sub-contractors
- Resolving technical issues with employer’s representatives, suppliers, subcontractors, and statutory authorities
- Overseeing Safety matters on site.
- Negotiating with suppliers and vendors to ensure the best contracts.
- Acquiring equipment and material and monitor stocks to timely handle inadequacies
- Ensuring that all materials used, and work performed are as per specifications.
- Quality control in accordance with IS/procedures method statements, quality plans and inspection and test plans, all prepared by the project management team and by subcontractors.
Skills and Qualifications
- Working knowledge of BIM /VDC methods and Project Management software.
- Experience with client relation management and team management is desirable.
- At least 5 years of experience in virtual design and construction, or 4+ years’ experience as engineer / planner in construction site.
- Willing to relocate to Nagpur and open to travel between Nagpur & other locations for work.
vConstruct is a wholly owned subsidiary of DPR Construction and specializes in providing high quality Building Information Modeling and Construction Technology services geared towards construction projects.
About DPR Construction:
DPR Construction is a US National commercial General Contractor and construction manager specializing in technically challenging and sustainable projects for the advanced technology, biopharmaceutical, corporate office, and higher education and healthcare markets. With the purpose of building great things—great teams, great buildings, great relationships—DPR is a truly great company. For more information, please visit www.dpr.com.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying