The service desk manager’s role is to oversee IT service desk personnel and ensure that end users are receiving the appropriate technical assistance. This includes the responsibility of managing the procedures related to prioritization and resolution of incidents, including the monitoring, tracking, and coordination of help desk functions. The service desk manager is also responsible for ensuring high levels of customer service quality and availability. The service desk manager’s role is a hands-on position that will require technical abilities to understand the service desk application, conduct analytics, and develop some solutions using programming.
• Set and manage client expectations while providing excellent customer care, seeking feedback and conducting follow ups.
• Manage the overall service desk activities and staff.
• Evaluates customer service delivery performance, identifies trends, and implements improvements to the customer service experience.
• Manage the processing of incoming requests to the Help Desk to ensure timely and effective resolution of end-user issues.
• Establish service SLAs and ensure that team performs in compliance.
• Perform staff scheduling to ensure support during business and extended hours.
• Resolve complex and/or escalated customer issues utilizing process knowledge and effective communication, follow ups, negotiating and problem-solving skills.
• Oversee solutions repository and ensure top quality solutions are available to the staff.
• Develop strategies for improving service.
• Communicate service events and outages to the organization.
• Developing and managing Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to establish request and problem resolution expectations and timeframes.
• Maintain and improve service quality and measuring customer satisfaction through quality standards and measurements.
• Solve problems and make decisions relative to service management.
• Identify gaps and collaborate with other areas to identify solutions and to prepare the service desk team for application, system and hardware releases or rollouts
• Monitors the queues and tickets to follow up with the assigned personnel and their leaders to ensure timely resolution to problems.
• Overseeing Incident, Problem, Change and Knowledge management processes.
• Train team on procedures, issue ownership, customer satisfaction, and call quality techniques
• Own the service desk platform, kiosk application, service portal and web application
• Participate in leadership meetings for collaboration and status reporting
• Strong knowledge of office 365
• Strong knowledge of IT Service Management best practices and principles, and implementation of ITSM programs.
• Strong understanding of multi-tiered application support.
• Solid knowledge of Windows 10 and Windows Server.
• Solid Knowledge in all cloud applications the company supports.
• Demonstrates excellent time management skills.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Demonstrates strong organizational skill and attention to detail.
• Strong understanding of business process modeling.
• Strong knowledge of service desk platforms, APIs, and system design and system customization.
• Proficient programming abilities in any programming language (VB, power shell, .Net, etc.).
• Ability to define and develop foundational components of a Service Desk - metrics, process, organization, tools, skills.
• Utilize ITIL based standard operating procedures, key performance indicators (KPIs), and reports to provide visibility to service desk performance and quality.
• Ability to analyze metrics and statistics to identify trends, contribute to avoidance tactics, and provide appropriate support.
• Excellent communicator, high-energy, positive attitude, and an aptitude for professional growth
• Must be able to provide exceptional client service.
• Must possess excellent communication skills (written and oral) -- in person and on the phone, including effective listening.
• Ability to react quickly and efficiently to high pressure situations
• Expert in troubleshooting and root cause analysis
• Must be able to motivate others and work cooperatively in an organization to achieve common goals.
• Team player, accepts & seeks feedback
• Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers
• Ability to effectively manage multiple conflicting priorities and deadlines
• Flexibility to travel and work after hours or weekends, if needed.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or 10 years Service Desk Management experience including incident management systems required.
ITIL Foundation certification is a plus
3-5 years supervisory experience required.
Demonstrated ability to lead teams, gain consensus, and move teams toward a shared vision.
Experience managing a ticketing system such as Samanage, Service-Now, or Remedy