vConstruct is seeking a VDC Engineer for Electrical with at least 3 years (for Engineers) or 5 years (for Diploma holders) of commercial construction experience.
VDC Engineer – Electrical creates Building Information Models (BIMs), i.e., 3D/4D/5D computer models / simulations for commercial construction projects using Virtual Construction and Design (VDC) tools and methods.
We are looking for a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines. The successful candidate will possess:
Educational Background : Bachelor’s degree or higher in any AEC Domain (preferably Electrical) or closely related field.
Prior Work experience : 3+ years of experience in Electrical BIM at LOD 350 and above (Model capable of aiding Installation on field).
Software Skillset : Proficiency with BIM Authoring and Analysis tools:
- Expert Knowledge of Revit Suite of products (Revit MEP, Revit Architecture, Revit Structure)
- Expert knowledge of eVolve electrical, SysQue and Revit MEP Fabrication.
- Expert Knowledge of Navisworks
- Additional Knowledge of 3D AutoCAD based products (AutoCAD architecture, AutoCAD MEP)
- Additional Knowledge of using Dynamo/other plugins in Revit for solving repetitive problems.
Principal Responsibilities Include:
- Expert Knowledge in reading Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing design drawings.
- Ability to compare 2D and 3D data between the different versions and identify deviations.
- Develop high precision models for majorly Electrical Systems and/or assist in modeling for other trades (Mechanical, Plumbing , Fire Protection) occasionally per project needs.
- Read and understand Codes such as NEC and able to translate it into the models.
- Ability to work with Parametric Revit Families.
- Develop LOD 400 model for prefabrication using tools like eVolve MEP, Revit Fabrication, etc
- Ability to work within BIM 360 environment.
- Produce dimensioned drawings for layout from the models.
- Ability to perform various Quality Checks on the Models to validate models for things like:
- Model Completeness with respect to design documents
- Model Alignment with respect to other trade models
- Model Sanity: no duplication of data, no errors and omissions, continuity of systems between the different points of connection.
- Ability to capture as-built information and compare it with BIM to verify alignment and Quality Checks on construction put in place.
Clash Detection and Coordination:
- Perform Model based coordination amongst different building systems using tools like Navisworks Clash Detection, etc. Engage in BIM coordination meetings between different trades (MEPF, Skin, Structures, Interiors, and Site).
- Suggest solutions to MEP problems and conflicts through accurate interpretation of contract documents and thorough understanding of constructability.
Communication and work ethics:
- Ability to confidently communicate with onsite project teams in meetings to coherently convey project updates, complex issues, etc.
- Effective participation in team environment
- A strong work ethic and a “can-do” attitude.
vConstruct specializes in providing high quality Building Information Modeling and Construction Technology services geared towards construction projects. vConstruct is a wholly owned subsidiary of DPR Construction. For more information, please visitwww.vconstruct.in
About DPR Construction:
DPR Construction is a national commercial general contractor and construction manager specializing in technically challenging and sustainable projects for the advanced technology, biopharmaceutical, corporate office, and higher education and healthcare markets. With the purpose of building great things—great teams, great buildings, great relationships—DPR is a truly great company. For more information, please visit www.dpr.com.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying