VueOps is on a mission to transform the building management industry. We are looking for a Lead Software Engineer with experience in Ruby-on-Rails to join our team. This is an incredible opportunity to be a key contributor to the product development team for a Silicon Valley startup. You will be working in a fast-paced environment, working with your fellow engineers, product managers and other business stakeholders contributing to the key features on our product roadmap.
- Design and implement feature-related components, including UI, middle, and database tiers
- Design and develop any feature considering these key evaluation indicators like scalability, resiliency, and performance.
- Implement effective APIs for integration with other internal or external systems.
- Work closely with our Product Managers to understand product and business needs.
- Maintain awareness of the current product roadmap to assist with developing strategic plans.
- Research/learn the emerging technologies and share/inspire the group
- Focus on a fast, iterative, agile development process.
- Responsible for maintaining the code quality and ensuring the best practices followed by the team members
- Mentor junior team members throughout the product development lifecycle
- At least four years of experience working on a SaaS product team using the Agile Development model
- Deep expertise in Object Oriented Programming, Concurrency, Design Patterns, RESTful APIs, Service Oriented Architecture, Test Driven Development
- Well-versed in the test-driven development process
- Excellent analytical, communication, and teamwork skills
- At least three years of experience with
o Development with Ruby on Rails/NodeJS/Python
o Writing effective REST APIs
o Well-versed knowledge about SQL
- Ability to guide and mentor junior members of the team
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision while meeting deadlines
Nice to Have Skills
- NoSQL databases like MongoDB, Redis, etc.
- Experience with automated continuous integration and deployment tools like CircleCI and Jenkins
- Experience with Amazon Web Services Stack is a big plus.
- Team management
- Bachelors or master’s degree in engineering with Computer Science or related field as
VueOps is a US-based startup that is transforming the facility management industry. Our cloud-based data integration platform brings together the project turnover documents, facility equipment data, 2D and 3D visualizations to provide a simple and intuitive way for facility managers to find information they need to respond to emergencies and perform routine maintenance.
This position will be filled through our sister organization, vConstruct, which is based in India.