vConstruct is seeking a structural engineering professional to be part of Concrete and Structural Modeling projects for cast-in-place and precast projects. Concrete and Structural Modeling team uses VDC to develop detailed concrete and rebar models of complex commercial construction projects. We develop highly detailed construction models for concrete and rebar that are used in the projects for layout, installation, and prefabrication.
Rebar Modeler and Detailer is accountable to create high quality deliverables and outputs on schedule, act independently to manage the assigned work and deliverables, work closely with project lead and project manager to plan project implementation. Indicative responsibilities include:
1. Carefully study project documents - drawings, details, RFIs and addendums. Identify missing information, discrepancies and constructability issues.
2. Develop high quality, accurate 3D models for concrete and rebar using Tekla software and applying knowledge of RCC systems, constructability and previous experience.
3. Participate in trade coordination meetings to identify and incorporate changes in model.
4. Create field deliverables like shop drawings, export layout points from model.
5. Check the quality of work for accuracy before submissions to client teams. Meet quality metrics established for project.
6. Project set up, including model set up in Tekla.
7. Communicate with client regarding project deliverables. Most client meetings will happen between 5 PM and 10 PM IST.
Other non- project responsibilities include,
8. Improvise best practice technical and software workflows.
9. Training and coaching other team members, doing technical training of new hires.
10. Research new features in tools and explore automation to improve current workflows.
Desired Qualifications and Qualities:
Successful candidates in this role will be flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines.
The successful candidate will possess:
• Passion for construction processes, BIM, BIM softwares and construction technology.
• Over 3 years of hands-on experience in working in Tekla Structures or other 3D modeling tools for modeling and drawing generation, drawing template settings and custom components.
• Strong communication skills. Experience with client relation management a plus.
• Previous experience in team management and training a plus.
• Knowledge of rebar process including design, procurement, fabrication and installation using BIM / VDC processes for Cast in place and precast structures. The candidate should have hands-on experience in working with
• Working knowledge of structural codes and construction methods in India and U.S.A.
Building Better, Smarter, Faster is in our DNA
We are a team of 350+ enthusiastic construction engineering and technology experts who are passionate about increasing the predictability of building better products by applying smarter processes while striving for faster delivery. We provide services and solutions to the Construction Industry in Virtual Design and Construction (VDC), Project Controls Management, Accounting, Software Development, Data Science and Analytics. On any given day, we make an impact on 100+ construction projects across the globe through our services and solutions.
We are a subsidiary of DPR Construction, A USA based technical builder that specializes in highly complex projects in Healthcare, Life Sciences, Advance Technology, Higher Education and Commercial buildings.