The Project Engineer – Reality Capture (VDC) works on Scan to BIM techniques to capture the as-built
conditions and analyzes them.
Principal Responsibilities Include:
1. Develop accurate models based on the point clouds or redline drawings using parametric or solid objects which may include building systems like mechanical, electrical, and plumbing and fire protection systems with core and shell.
2. Proficiency in scan registration softwares like Faro Scene, Leica Register 360, Trimble Realworks etc. Includes registration (target based, cloud to cloud), adding control points from survey data or CADs available, scan cleanup and analysis such as contours, volume calculations etc.
3. Proficiency in reading mechanical, plumbing and electrical design drawings, single line diagrams, riser diagrams etc.
4. Leveraging the MEP systems knowledge to resolve any conflicts in as-built condition, and flag critical issues to the client.
5. Perform Model based coordination amongst different building systems using tools like Navisworks Clash Detection, etc. and produce clash detection reports.
6. Produce dimensioned as-built plans and drawings for site coordination.
7. Ability to perform various Quality Checks on the Models to validate models for following points:
a. Model accuracy and completeness
b. Alignment based on design model and design documents.
c. Model sanity: no duplication of data, no errors and omissions, continuity of systems between the different points of connection.
8. Ability to compare 2D and 3D data between the different versions to identify what has changed over a period between the files.
9. Ability to read and understand RFIs and then provide suitable response to project teams.
10. Generated Mesh Models and Classification from Laser Scan Data
11. Ability to understand control coordinates and compare it with BIM to verify alignment and Quality Checks.
12. Ability to travel on site locations for laser scanning on an as needed basis.
13. Ability to analyze and modify data from BIM in tools like MS Access Database, Excel spreadsheet, XML editors.
14. Basic Understanding or willingness to explore Dynamo Scripts, html, Python etc.
15. Ability to work with heavy, large, and complicated data sets (scans, models)
16. Flexibility to meet and communicate with project teams based in USA during evening hours (7:30 – 11:30 pm IST) on an as-needed basis.
Skills and Qualifications:
We are looking for a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines. The successful candidate will possess:
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Civil Engineering, Mechanical, Architecture, Construction Management, or closely related field. (or) Diploma in MEP design with 5 years of experience or higher, of which minimum 2 years should be on-site.
• 1-2 years of experience within Laser Scanning Domain
• Basic/Intermediate understanding of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, architectural, structural, and civil construction documents
• Proficiency in following BIM softwares –
Leica Register 360
• Knowledge of construction management issues
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Excellent listening skills and have strong communication skills.
• Ability to identify and resolve complex issues.
• Effective participation in team environment
• A strong work ethic and a “can-do” attitude
About vConstruct: vConstruct specializes in providing high quality Building Information Modeling and Construction Technology services geared towards construction projects. vConstruct is a wholly owned subsidiary of DPR Construction. For more information, please visit https://vconstruct.com/
About DPR Construction:
DPR Construction is a national commercial general contractor and construction manager specializing in technically challenging and sustainable projects for the advanced technology, biopharmaceutical, corporate office, and higher education and healthcare markets. With the of building great things—great teams, great buildings, great relationships—DPR is a truly great company. For more information, please visit www.dpr.com